Summer Getaway in Boracay Island

I would have to admit that I am quite a loser in visiting the Boracay Island. Most people I know visited this place plenty of times and last year was my first opportunity to visit the island and see for myself what is the hype of going to Boracay. I admit that I am not that quite interested on going to frequently visited and crowded scenic spots. I am the type of traveler who likes to explore the "roads less traveled". The opportunity came up when my friend told us if we are interested to join her in Boracay after her college friend's wedding. Since this is the first time that my friends from the academe reunite, we were excited on this trip. I went to Boracay last May 2011.

This is what I can say about Boracay:
Good:

  • Lots of foreigner frequents this place because compared to other neighboring countries, the beach is really beautiful
  • The water is really refreshing especially on hot summer nights
  • Best to visit this during summer
  • Accessible to different restaurants and hotels/accommodations
  • Different types of activities for friends, families and significant others
  • Many night outs you can choose from

Bad:
  • Overcrowded
  • Some activities are quite expensive
  • Some male foreigners tend to be rude. Some of them think Pinays are cheap and easy to get (We experienced this last summer)
  • Overrated prices and location (this is just my observation, according to some people we talked on Boracay, the island is more beautiful when it was not yet fully developed). For someone who wants to spend less, I think you need to carefully research on places you need to stay to maximize your stay.

Here are some of the images we captured last summer 2011:


At the Kalibo Airport

At the Jetty Port in Caticlan

Our room in Taj Guesthouse - very affordable and the room is clean


My kikay swimsuits for the pictorial! hahaha!

Fire dance entertainment - very many in Boracay



The beach at morning



I am sooo envious!

Sunset


Our traveler's foot - guess where my foot is...

D Mall at Boracay

The Ferris wheel

The Hobbits House


Our favorite parfait dessert :)

Overall Consideration:
Boracay is considered as one of the top tourist destination in the Philippines. For so many years now, it became a "place" to go for some of famous celebrities and artist. Most Pinoys always list it down as a destination to visit. Foreigners flock to the island all year round. Sabi nga nila when you're in Boracay, you're like so sosyal! Hahaha, kidding aside di naman ako sumosyal going back to Manila. I think compared to my other trips in the past, I still go for places na less crowded but the place or the beach rocks. Boracay became commercialized over the past few years. Some products and restaurants found on the island is also seen in Manila. Bars are everywhere so for those who are into night life, this is for you.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento